With each day the IT system is getting more complex than it was ever before. Numerous tasks are to be taken care of by the IT team of a company. What do you think would happen if all these tasks are expected to be done manually, by coding every time? The company would never be able to function properly. This calls in the need for an operating system that is scalable, performance-driven and above all, reliable. This is exactly what Linux is.
What is Linux?
Linux is the most used, and to date, the best known operating system which is open source. Linux is a complete family of open-source operating systems. In Red Hat Linux Subscription, the level of support and services offered is raised completely to another platform.
What are the benefits of the Red Hat Linux Subscription?
- Lifecycle: The product has a life cycle of 10years. In this 10year life cycle, the product provided support, accompanied by compatibility and flexibility for most of the IT initiatives.
- Update: You can update to the latest version of Red Hat Development at any point in time and no additional cost will be charged. This means that you can save yourself from running into bugs without any charges.
- Supported Versions: Developers can move to supported versions and stable versions of languages and frameworks with access to Red Hat Software collection.
- Red Hat Developer toolset: Red Hat Subscription not only provides access to Red Hat Development toolset that delivers the latest versions of compilers and tools.
- In-place Update: Red Hat Development Services allows its user to update to the latest version without going through a complete uninstallation and then again installation process. It also asks your specific purpose so that Red Hat Development Services could guide you smoothly and specifically.
- Kernel Patching: Red Hat Subscription provides its users with a service of kernel patching through its support case. This patching is done to remove bugs without an actual system reboot.
- Linux Documentation: It provides access to Linux Documentations which include information related to developer and security, release notes, installation, system admin, migration planning and virtualization.
- Customer Portal Labs: These labs are developed to provide the customers with a chance of using Red Hat tools to their fullest extent. There are more than 60 labs categorized under:
- Ecosystem: The ecosystem is broad enough and the intention is to provide their customers with maximum efficiency at minimum cost. It enables its users to get access to other vendors’ complementary strengths for innovation.
- Specialized features: In addition to the Operating System, there are a large number of additional features also. Some of the specialized features are:
- Security-Enhanced Linux
- Firewall Services
- Indemnity Management – centralized and unified way to manage identities.
- Kernel-based Virtual Machine
- Cockpit– a user-friendly interface that helps in managing servers.
Conclusion: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Subscription is priced at $349. It not only offers a wide- wide range of products and services but also a 10-year life cycle. It won’t be wrong if I say that Red Hat Enterprise Linux Subscription is lesser of expense and more of an investment;)