One of the hottest emerging technology nowadays is RPA. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a form of business process automation technology which makes use of software with artificial intelligence often called software robot. It can perform variety of tasks such as queries, calculations, maintenance of records etc. It can handle high volume repeatable tasks that were previously done by humans .RPA has been successful in various sectors. RPA in BPO industry has brought amazing changes by increasing production rates and improving quality. Manufacturing industries were the first to jump into the automation world. The RPA solutions in business have increased the capacity to do work with great accuracy and all the functions are being performed by robots.
Some of the benefits of RPA industry are enlisted below:-
- Reduces cost– About 20-50% of operating costs are reduced by adopting RPA. It replaces the labour force by allocating work to robots. RPA’s have drastically increased the productivity at reduced cost. The work is done at faster speed and free of errors. Paying full time employees cost three times more than RPA.
- Flexibility and scalability – Digital workforce by robots is very flexible and easily scaled on demand .RPA programs helps to combat the challenges making processes more flexible in case the demand shoots. BPO industry gains confidence in gaining new projects without on bench human workforce.
- Improved data quality– Data quality can be improved due to reduction in manual errors which enables more reliable analysis and lower level of operational risk. High volume of data is challenge for many businesses. Exchange of data in seamless manner, streamlining processes and utilizing data in correct manner can be beneficial to enhance overall customer experience.
- Improvement in business results: RPA in BPO will take business to new heights. Focusing employees on higher value added activities result in improvement in business metrices. The introduction of digital workforce in the enterprise has given a kick start to business. The digital workers imitate human action sand perform repetitive , time consuming processes such as internal reporting and e- invoicing.
- Check out investments and work projects – BPO’S have actualized RPA to pilot ventures and different work ventures. Outsources are coming up with unmistakable practises and investing in new innovations and strategies which allows robots to do the difficult jobs. RPA changes the way we perform tasks and enables us to focus more on our aims and avenues.
The playing field for businesses is changing. Investment in RPA in BPO industry will be a good decision. With the increasing adoption of RPA in business and enterprises, the demand for RPA professionals is also increasing. In the coming years there will be ample of jobs in RPA. It offers the ability to gather, organize, track, analyse, report and store vulnerable data. The information can be utilized to improve current operations .This software will act as a boon in the BPO as it saves time and money and eases the complex tasks.